For a thoughtful Valentine’s Day gesture on a budget, we suggest a picnic basket filled with some simple favourites, and prepared with love
You will need
- A basket
- A tea towel or piece of fabric
- A flower – any stem will do
- Cherries or any other summer fruit
It’s all in the details
Rather than just piling everything into the basket, think about little details to elevate these simple ingredients.
- Tie the cookies with cooking paper and twine.
- Decant the milk into a nice vessel.
- Add a couple of patterned straws.
- Pop a few napkins into the basket.
Credits: Fog Linen tea towel, milk bottle, cream bottle, enamel tumbler, Fog Linen basket, porcelain fruit punnet and enamel mug all from Father Rabbit.