This newly built home in Mt Maunganui suits this family so well it could have been designed just for them. We talk to owner Stacy about her fun interior style
Meet and greet
Jake Pyne, managing director of clothing company You Know We Ain’t Ltd, Stacey Pyne, full-time mum, Milla, 13, Hayes, 11, and Ari, 9, plus Mickey the puppy.
A unique Mt Maunganui home was the perfect fit for this stylish family
What’s your favourite room in the house?
Stacey: The main room downstairs. It is so large and beautiful, and I love the high ceilings – they make you feel like you can breathe, and they’re also great for flying paper planes, which Ari loves to do.
Saves and splurges?
Our saves are things like our great, blue-speckled dishes and plates from Kmart. A splurge was the dining-room light we found in Amsterdam; it was so unique, we got it sent home.
Do you like buying high end or seeking out a bargain?
I like doing both and mixing it all together!
Stacy’s style tips
- Definitely include plants. Apparently, they make you more productive and they look so pretty, too!
- Pick things up while you’re travelling because then they hold a story and remind you of your adventures.
- I love finding treasures in unlikely places – op-shops, garage sales, etc.
- I don’t like too much to be matching. I’d rather combine different things that work together rather than match everything.
- Every now and then I choose my favourite piece and give it away. I don’t want to hold onto things too tightly – it can hurt!
Scroll to take a tour through this unique home.
Text and styling by: Tina Stephen. Photography by: Helen Bankers.