Get inspired by this ensuite bathroom by Kim and Chris from The Block AU and discover you can create the perfect urban retreat at home
The Block AU: Kim and Chris’s ensuite
The Block Australia served up five bathrooms that got us in a lather. There was plenty to covet during the renovating reveals, from textured tiles to statement tapware.
But each managed to add their own twist to the theme, whether it was a pop of colour in an artwork or statement styling with geometric patterns. Here we profile the bathroom details Kim and Chris’s Ensuite.
Ensuite and loggia
How inspired is this bath in the loggia adjoining the master bedroom? It brings a hint of the outdoors into the bedroom and also brings the bustle of urban apartment living into the relaxing space of the master suite.
The ensuite itself received mixed reviews in week one, but all admitted the room’s functionality was top-notch and the finishing “incredible”. Neale said the entire master suite was “the most luxurious bedroom I have ever seen on The Block”.
- Concrete-look tiles create an industrial, urban look.
- Large-format tiles are a great choice as fewer grout lines equals less visual disruption, and they’re easy to clean.
- Plants make a bathroom feel tropical and lush. Statement plants can act like another piece of furniture in a room, adding shape and colour.
- Wall plants are an extension of this look – if you can’t manage a whole ‘living wall’, look for some planter sconces or use hanging plants to create a similar effect.
- The coldness of the grey concrete tiles and chrome tapware in the loggia is offset by the warmth and softness of wood. The simple side table and bath tray help this bathing area still feel welcoming, relaxing and luxe.
Shelley Ferguson discusses bathroom trends from The Block NZ
Words by: Erin Miller and Chris Pearson. Photography by: Tess Kelly and Channel 9 Australia.