If you love a bit of bling but don’t want your bathroom to seem ostentatious, this modern luxe look is just the ticket. Louise Cook from Mico Bathrooms shows us how to create a stylish contemporary look
How to add drama to your bathroom design with modern luxe style
A monochrome colour palette doesn’t have to be boring. Gold, brass or bronze tapware and hardware is a trend that looks set to stand the test of time and can create just enough drama if used the right way. Louise Cook, National Product Manager from Mico Bathrooms, has a few pointers for those embarking on a bathroom renovation.
Louise’s Bathroom reno tips
- Choose your style: What style suits you as a person or family and fits best with the era of your home? Mico Bathrooms’ Bathroom Book is a great source of inspiration. It can help you find a style that’s right for you – and that balances with the look of your home.
- Plan your space: Mico Bathrooms’ interactive bathroom planner allows you to visualise your space in 3D before making any big decisions.
- Choose your statement pieces: Pick out the big-ticket items first. Your choice in vanities and bath tubs will influence and impact your other purchases.
How to achieve a luxe look
- When choosing your materials, think sleek and contemporary. A polished wood grain or glossy tiles with high shine add a gentle touch of glamour.
- To dial up the drama opt for gold or brass tapware and handles. Gold will never go out of style and it adds the perfect amount of personality to an otherwise neutral room.
- Keep clutter tidied away with some hidden storage behind the mirror and cabinetry.
- To create a feeling of luxury, invest in a really great freestanding bath which will provide that hotel-at-home feel.
- Tie it all together with a potted statement plant and some beautiful hand wash that makes you feel pampered every time you use it!
Be inspired with Mico Bathrooms
For more expert bathroom decor tips and to use the interactive bathroom planner, visit mico.co.nz.