Take design cues from the past and inject some old-time luxury into your bathroom with a statement bathtub, rose gold accents and a monochrome colour palette
How to create an old world glamour look in your bathroom
Whether your home is heritage, brand spanking new or somewhere comfortably in between, every bathroom can benefit from a bit of old world charm. Louise Cook, National Product Manager from Mico Bathrooms, has a few pointers for those embarking on a bathroom project.
Old world glamour style
- Go for a classic colour scheme: Black and white or just white is best for the classic look. You can add interest by using different textures and patterns. For example, gloss with matte, smooth with rough and patterned with block colour.
- Choose luxe materials: Invest in high-quality finishes for flooring and surfaces like marble or granite, these will bring a timeless luxury to the space – as well as being hard wearing.
- Go big on statement lighting: A vintage crystal chandelier will make you feel like a movie star every time you step foot in your new bathroom.
- Go for an antique look: Search out accessories with a vintage vibe –mirrors, tapware and cabinetry are all readily available in styles from any era that delights your imagination.
- Bring it up to date: Incorporating rose gold, gold or copper accents is a beautiful way to add a contemporary touch to the space
Louise’s bathroom tips
- Choose your style: What style suits you as a person or family and fits best with the era of your home? The Mico Bathroom Book is a great source of inspiration. It can help you find a style that’s right for you – and that balances with the look of your home.
- Plan your space: Mico Bathrooms’ interactive bathroom planner allows you to visualise your space in 3D. It’s perfect for experimenting before making any big decisions.
- Choose your statement pieces: Pick out the big-ticket items first.Your choice in vanities and bath tubs will influence and impact your other purchases.