Storage baskets not only hide a multitude of sins, they are indispensable when it comes to maximising space and avoiding clutter in the home
- Besides using baskets to store books and magazines in the living room, consider having a small one on your entertainment unit or console for easy access to remotes.
- Disguise a boring pot plant by sitting it inside an attractive basket.
- Wicker baskets are a great way to add warmth and texture to a space while keeping clutter out of sight.
- Consider lightweight but strong baskets which can be easily carried from one room to another – great for toys, craft materials or laundry.
- If you have open shelving but are not a fan of seeing everything on display, place all items in identical baskets for a clean, tidy appearance.
Compiled by: Vanessa Nouwens.