With ANZ, Homes to Love is exploring the ways we live now, under the theme of ‘Smart homes’ – and how this trend allows us to live and build today
1. Wifi has changed home entertainment radically – no longer do you need seven remotes. The likes of Sonos use wifi to broadcast sound all around the house – and it’ll even talk to your Apple TV.
2. Lighting is increasingly automated – night lights in hallways, front door lights on timers. LEDs, meanwhile, are changing our conception of lighting, as with the Change It wall of lights.
3. Never lose your keys again: go keyless with a finger-print access keypad – then add the Netatmo face recognition camera for the ultimate in home security.
4. For the wine buff with a lack of space, the Wave ultrasonic wine ager uses wave technology to age your wine, without needing a big cellar.
5. Who says walls are walls and windows are windows? With the touch of a button, Switchable Glass uses electro-chromatic technology to change between clear and opaque.
*Sonos PLAY:1. The compact, surprisingly powerful wireless speaker with deep, crystal clear HiFi sound.