In this instalment of Floral Fridays, Eden shows us how to arrange a bouquet of pretty pink blooms and foliage, ideal for displaying in a vase or gifting to a loved one.
Top bouquet-arranging tips from Eden:
- When creating the bouquet, start with foliage first, spiralling the stems from the centre
- Ensure there isn’t any foliage or leaves below the axis point of your hand
- Add the largest blooms first; this will determine the shape of your arrangement
- Thread the stock through the arrangement, filling any gaps
- Framing the bouquet with birch adds interest while also protecting the flowers’ stems from breaking when tied with string
- Trim stems on an angle, this allows the flowers to easily absorb water as they’re not sitting flat in a vase
- Trim the stems to suit the length of the vase you wish to display it in
- Change the water in the vase daily and keep flowers out of direct sunlight
A little bit about Eden
Resident florist and events co-ordinator at The Botanist, Eden Hessell has a passion for flowers with nearly 20 years’ industry experience. She was recently named Auckland’s best florist by Metro magazine. You can follow her floral endeavours on Instagram @thebotanistnz.
Videography by: Georgia Bramley