With ANZ, Homes to Love is exploring the ways we live now, under the theme of ‘Small Homes’ – and how this trend allows us to live and build today
The 5 rules
- Hallways eat space. Wherever possible, dispense with them – who needs a formal front hall?
- Even a small room will feel generous if it has a high stud – in the O’Sullivan house, the ceiling slopes upward to the trees.
- Oversized doors and windows make spaces seem much bigger than they are.
- Splash out on a few key items to make it special – in the O’Sullivan house, the bathroom is made from green marble and the kitchen island is clad in brass.
- Functional spaces like laundries and studies don’t have to have their own rooms – tuck them into well-designed cupboards instead.