There was sage green, botanical wallpaper and feature LED handrails – here’s how to shop the looks from The Block NZ’s powder rooms, staircases and entrances
Where to shop The Block NZ entrances and powder rooms
This week The Block NZ teams finished the interior of their houses when they polished off their entrances, staircases and powder rooms. It was a busy week for all, but by the time host Mark Richardson called “tools down” on Saturday morning the four teams had managed to finish four very different spaces.
Amy and Stu proved once again they are a force to be reckoned with, taking out the win with a high score of 18. The judges were blown away by their choice of wallpaper for the powder room and loved the styling in the entrance.
The boys, Ben and Tom, were determined to continue their winning streak and take out the win again, but it wasn’t to be. Judge Jason Bonham shocked all the viewers on Sunday night with his temper tantrum over the boys’ choice of wooden shelves.
Queens of second place Chlo and Em maintained their title this week. They embraced colour with a sage entranceway and a pink bathroom with pale blue tiles.
Claire and Agni were plagued with penalties this week, but that wasn’t going to stop them from finishing. Their charcoal coloured entrance and mustard yellow staircase impressed the judges.
Whether it’s minimalist or Moroccan, tribal or beachy – there’s plenty of inspiration to take from these rooms. Below we’ve rounded up some quick tips on how to give your entrance a makeover, plus check out our shopping mood boards to help you get The Block NZ looks at home.
Shelley Ferguson’s 7 tips for giving your entrance a makeover
- Rock a coloured front door. In a small space there’s not much opportunity for impact, so work with what you’ve got.
- Make a statement with the flooring. People look down as they take shoes off, so they may as well enjoy it.
- Ensure there’s lighting. Whether it’s a feature pendant or a table lamp, this is the perfect way to give the space some layers.
- Get a console table. They create storage and add a visual wow factor. Add a tray or bowl for keys, a lamp for soft light and baskets for shoes underneath.
- Embrace art. It creates a focal point and reflects who you are.
- Add a mirror. Not only will it reflect light but it’s an integral addition for last minute outfit checks.
- Pop in a plant. They look right at home in the entrance way because they link the space to the outdoors.
Scroll through our gallery below for commentary from the judges and to see where to shop the best pieces.