Get inspired and get shopping!
Where to shop for everything from The Block NZ’s living rooms
This week’s room reveal on The Block NZ saw the contestants battle it out to complete a comfortable family living room. The teams worked hard to win the judges over and prove their interior prowess by using bold colour, textured cushions and lots of layers.
To help you nail your own makeover check out our tips on creating layers of lovely texture below and scroll to see where to shop the best pieces from this week’s room reveal.
How to create a stylish interior using layers
- Using a soft, neutral wall colour rather than white makes the room feel calm and warm rather than bright and stark.
- Combine colours as well as textures, and mix plain dark tones with knitted covers.
- To create interest, mix cushions with different shapes and sizes.
- Rough textures make a room feel warmer and more grounded, while we tend to associate sleek finishes with a modern look.
- Layering is key in winter, and you can layer rugs to create interest at floor level, as well as separate zones. Choose a lighter, more natural rug as the base, then add a patterned one on top.
- Furs and hides on the floor or draped over furniture add another textural element and create a luxe look.
- Layer curtains – the contrast of textures makes a room feel cosy and warm. Choose a heavier fabric at the back to block light, with a sheer to diffuse light during the day.
- Hang curtains as high as you can, and let them puddle slightly on the floor to create a cosy space.
Scroll through our gallery below for commentary from the judges and to see how where to shop the best pieces: