HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONAL STYLE?
I am happiest when in a fabulous frock. Life’s too short to be boring and my hair is too red to blend in, so I don’t try.
HOW HAS THAT TRANSLATED TO YOUR BEDROOM SPACE?
We’ve used fabrics most commonly used in eveningwear, like silk, velvet and taffeta. A little bit glam but very snuggly.
WHAT IS ALWAYS ON YOUR BEDSIDE TABLE?
Chanel N°5 Body Cream, Jurlique Rose Hand Cream, Guerlain Orchidée Impériale moisturiser and whatever I happen to be reading. I also keep a pen and paper handy for bright ideas that come to me in the middle of the night.
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR BEDROOM?
We love that it opens onto our garden and on Sunday mornings we try to have a lazy breakfast in bed.
WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR DESIGN INSPIRATION?
Inspiration is everywhere, you just need to have your eyes and mind open. We’re lucky to live in a time when we have such easy access to all things fabulous… and I’m curious.
DO YOU HAVE A SIGNATURE FRAGRANCE?
I’ve worn Chanel N°5 since I was 16, but have recently been having a fling with Enslaved by Roja Dove, which I picked up at Bergdorf Goodman in New York. I also love La Fille de Berlin and Clair de Musc by Serge Lutens, which are available at Mecca Cosmetica.
Suzanne’s tips for creating a magical winter dinner party;
- Invite the right mix of guests
- Devote some time to creating an atmosphere with your table setting
- Look at the things you’ve collected over the years and find new ways of using or displaying them
- Brass candlesticks and old dinner plates from op shops look great and they’re cheap
- If you’re short on table space, hang candles or flowers in test tubes above
Writer: Sarah Thornton
Photographer: FLorence Charvin