Darcy, the vintage caravan, has given his owners a new lease on life and outdoor living. See their top tips for creating your own special outdoor space.
Meet and greet
Stacey Bancroft (graphic designer), Mark Bancroft (draughtsperson), and Mabel, 6 months, plus Beau the black Labrador.
Stacy’s outdoor styling tips
– When styling a party outside use plenty of colour to help create a fun atmosphere.
– Ensure your drinks station looks enticing. Arrange simple bunches of greenery foraged from the garden in quirky vessels.
– Edible garnishes will make even the simplest beverage look fabulous. Place a selection in dishes for your guests to add themselves, and freeze edible flowers or fruit into ice cubes.
– Create comfy spaces for your guests to relax. Layer picnic blankets and top with cushions and a low-to-the-ground table. A coffee table works well, or old wooden pallets with tablecloths or runners. Get creative with seating, mix and match chairs, or place colourful squabs on top of beer crates.
– Ambient lighting is key for setting the mood of a party. You can never have too many candles, and try hanging a string of festoon lights between trees.
Words by: Vic Bibby. Photography by: Florence Charvin.