Your collection of treasured knick-knacks can easily slip into the realm of clutter. Here are some quick tips to help you showcase your special pieces
How to stop your collections looking like clutter
- Look for iconic, locally made pieces and everyday items that can easily be upcycled to add vintage flair to your home.
- Use a console table or drinks cabinet with glass doors to store and showcase a selection of your favourite ceramics.
- Fill a shelf with coloured glassware.
- Display small trinkets in a vintage printer’s tray or on an ornament shelf.
- Group decanters and other decorative items on a bar trolley.
- Hang plates, artwork, textiles, wall hangings or mirrors in clusters.
Words by: Fiona Ralph. Photography by: Florence Charvin.