With ANZ, Homes to Love is exploring the ways we live now, under the theme of ‘Flexible Spaces’ – and how this trend allows us to live and build today.
- Think about what you already have: can you convert part or all of that garage into a studio rather than building new?
- Site it far enough from the house that it has its own space, but close enough that there is a connection between the two buildings.
- Repeat design elements from the main house – rooflines, window treatments, material and colour palettes – so that the two buildings have a connection.
- Plan ahead. Think about future uses (teenagers’ music room, home office or a home for elderly parents) and make provision for them.
- Don’t skimp: make sure it has the same quality fittings as the main house.