Look for iconic, locally made pieces and everyday items that can easily be upcycled to add vintage flair to your home
5 easy upcycling ideas that will give your home unique style
1. There is no shortage of small wooden stools at op-shops. A simple sand and coat of oil or paint will revive a stool for use as a side table, step stool or seat.
2. You can find beautiful bevelled mirrors in many op-shops and they often just need a polish. You can tape aluminium foil to the back of the mirror if there are dark spots where the backing has been scraped off.
3. Sand and oil a small wooden bookshelf and use brackets to fix it to the wall to create a handy shelf.
4. Purchase secondhand cushions and re-cover them in an on-trend fabric.
5. Vintage jars and canisters make cute storage solutions. Just clean them up and fill with spices, muesli, nuts, flowers or stationery.
Words by: Fiona Ralph. Photography by: Peggy Janssen.