Set the scene with the perfect table lamp for your interior. From bedside to dining space, these switched-on styles are good to glow
13 of the best new lamps that are perfect for your bedroom
- As versatile decorative elements, table lamps should be used as part of a layered lighting plan in your home.
- If you want to illuminate a dark room, opt for a lampshade made from translucent paper or fabric as this will let plenty of light through.
- When choosing a lamp, keep the scale of the setting in mind. Bulky lamps on tiny tables are impractical and will look out of place. A very small lamp on a large table will also appear out of proportion.
- Work out what you need from your lighting before you buy. Directional or desk-style lamps are ideal in an office or on a bedside table where they can be positioned for specific tasks, such as reading.
- Whether your decor is vintage, modern or something in between, match your lamp to your interior style for a cohesive look.
- If you choose a lamp in a strong shade, adding other decor details in the same colour – think cushions or a throw – will help to tie the room together.
Compiled by: Vanessa Nouwens. Lead image by: Helen Bankers.