Here are 20 simple ways to make a house feel like a home, from lighting a candle to creating a space that’s just for you
1. Add some indoor greenery. Nothing gives freshness and life like plants.
2. Create a space that’s just for you – this could be as simple a reading chair with a nice light and cosy blanket.
3. Pile your bed high with some new cushions. More cushion tips here.
4. Fill your home with personal mementos – your favourite books, items from your travels, a treasured card or journal.
5. Give it a spring clean.
6. Have your home in order with everything in its place, choose things that bring you joy and get rid of the rest.
7. Put a fancy soap or handwash in the bathroom.
8. Make the couch ultra comfy with some cushions and a throw.
9. Give unloved spaces such as hallways and entries some attention – add a beautiful coat hook or paint the back of the door a bright colour.
10. Put a few flowers in a vase. Not only does it add colour but it will make you smile when you look at it.
11. Put a nice rug down. This will anchor a space, warming it up and adding interest at the same time.
12. Hang up a favourite print, or finally get that one in storage framed. You could also try a gallery wall.
13. Wash and iron your sheets and change out your bedcover.
14. Have breakfast in bed.
15. Grow some herbs in pots on your kitchen bench.
16. Take on a DIY project like these creative headboards.
17. Create some memories. Throw a dinner party, invite friends over for a cocktail or a host a little Sunday lunch.
18. Put up pictures of friends and family.
19. Update your towels.
20. Light a candle.
Home experts are just a click away
Tips and Advice
Your Home and Garden
Homes to Love
Simply You Living
Advertise with us | Website Terms
©2019 Bauer Media Pty Limited - All rights reserved