Seeking some Christmas decoration inspiration? Take a tour of this simple peach Scandi Christmas living room – complete with easy styling hacks to try at your place
Here’s how you can shop the peach Scandi Christmas style
A neutral scheme promotes ease of living and gives you the freedom to add a few hints of colour, shown here with peach and apricot. This room is filled with natural elements that create interest yet are still harmonious.
If your style tends towards the minimal, this pot and branch ‘tree’ could be perfect for you. Select your pot, place four oasis blocks (also known as floral foam) in the base and position screwed-up newspaper around them to keep them in place. Stick your chosen branches into the blocks and tweak until you’re happy with the arrangement. Cover the foam with straw or a piece of fabric, then decorate the branches. We upcycled some old ceramic decorations, painting them with testpots of Resene ‘Nullarbor’, Resene ‘Okey Dokey’ and Resene ‘Sour Dough’ and, when dry, threading twine through the holes for hanging.
To coordinate with the minimal style of this room, we kept the wrapping simple, using a combination of natural brown gift boxes and plain peach-toned wrapping paper. We also wrapped a few smaller presents in fabric. To decorate, use natural string or twine with a simple gift tag and add some dried foliage or a tree decoration.
Colour styling tip
For an accent colour to have impact, you need to include it in the room at least three times, ideally at different heights.
Shop the look
- Wall painted in Resene ‘Quarter Sandspit Brown’.
- Downloadable prints, $9.59 each, from Etsy/Heartsincolors.
- Picture frames, $12 each, amber glass vase (on ottoman), $6, from Kmart.
- Curve sideboard, $999, Elias rug, $399, Giuseppe vessel (on sideboard), $29.95, all from Freedom.
- Gardenia apothecary votive candle, $35, from Annise Designs. Brown gift boxes, from $3, from Look Sharp.
- Wrapping, $2 a roll, from Ike’s Emporium.
- Dot planner in grey, $44.99, Juniper: The Happiest Fox book by Jessika Coker, $34.99, from Shut The Front Door.
- Hansen three-seater sofa in biscuit, $2995, coffee table ottoman, $995, from Me & My Trend.
- Heavy linen cushion covers, $79.90 each, cotton velvet round cushion cover, $49.90, from Citta.
- Living & Co clay pot (for tree), $45, from The Warehouse.
- Natural sticks, $24.95 for 3, from Nood.
- Wonki Ware Etosha bowl, $37.90, from Indie Home Collective.
Created and styled by: Vanessa Nouwens. Photography by: Wendy Fenwick.