Seeking some Christmas decoration inspiration? Take a tour of this elegant and luxurious Christmas styled living room – complete with easy styling hacks to try at your place
Here’s how to create a luxurious Christmas set-up in your home
Creating a sense of luxury is all about the details. In this setting, a panelled wall, plush velvet sofa and brass or gold elements come together to evoke a feeling of classical elegance. In contrast, keep the festive pieces simple and understated.
Sometimes it’s the simplest things that make the most impact. In place of a tree, hang three glittery stars against a cool, white backdrop to create a subtle, festive feel. The sparkle of the stars sits well alongside the brass items, artwork and the star on the coffee table, and makes the room work as a whole.
To allow the glittering elements to take centre stage, keep the presents simple yet chic with glossy black paper, gold cord and luxe gift tags.
Shop the look
- Wall painted in Resene ‘Chalk Dust’.
- Down to the Woods Superstar star decorations in Champagne, from $29.99, from Shut The Front Door.
- Sunnylife gold martini glasses, $39.99 for 2, from Shut The Front Door.
- Button Chesterfield three-seater sofa, $3495, from Me & My Trend.
- Zoffany cushion in water iris, $199, Nel Lusso Champagne glasses, $69.90 for 4, from Allium.
- Glamorous Cocktails book by William Yeoward, $29, from Allium.
- The Art of the Bar Cart book by Vanessa Dina, $45, Nel Lusso marble tray, $89.90, from Allium.
- Heavy linen cushion cover, $79.90, from Citta.
- Discuss coffee table, $599, Adeline console, $799, from Freedom.
- Rogue Phalaenopsis orchid, $269, from Freedom.
- Tinibu small deco object (on book), $13.95, from Freedom.
- Goldie wall canvas, $299, Himsi rug, from $299, from Freedom.
- Oro wine cooler, $199, Oro cocktail shaker, $99.90, Oro spirit measure, $35, Oro ice bucket, $239, all from Green With Envy.
Created and styled by: Vanessa Nouwens. Photography by: Wendy Fenwick.