Spotted a beautiful tile you’d love to use in your home? Or got some spares lying around? Turn them into an eye-catching planter or two in just a few easy steps
You will need:
- 5 tiles per box – ours were 20cm square. (The 5th tile is the base so this doesn’t have to match the others)
- Liquid Nails glue
- Plants and potting mix
How to make:
- Run some Liquid Nails glue down the edge of 1 tile.
- Stick tile to the back edge of another tile to create a right angle (ensure any pattern is the right way up).
- Press and hold tiles together for a few seconds until glue firms.
- Repeat until you have made a box with 4 tiles.
- Run a small amount of Liquid Nails around the bottom edge of all 4 tiles.
- The fifth tile forms the base; carefully press and hold in position (doesn’t matter if the pattern side faces in or out). Leave overnight to set.
Fill your planter with potting mix and add a plant or simply place a potted plant inside.
Moonline Black & White, $99.50 per sqm, D’Segni Macro 4 Angolo, $109.50 per sqm, Block Black & White, $99.50 per sqm, all from Tile space.
Created by: Vanessa Nouwens. Photography by: Wendy Fenwick.