Time to crack open your cool colour-coordinated notepads and pencil cases – school’s back for yet another year
And while studying for maths exams and weekend homework sessions, well, kind of suck, the good part is that organising your desk at home for the year ahead can be straight-up fun. The problem? A total refurb on your workspace can be exxy. We hear you! Most of the items you will need for this DIY back-to-school desk you can find at home. Meaning, more funds for after-school hot chips!
Washi tape wall calendar
Use the DIY calendar to mark up important assignments and dates. When the month is done, whip off the old post-its and start again.
- 1 sheet of A4 paper
- 1 biro pen
- Washi tape (decorative sticky tape; choose two colours of your choice)
- 2 packs of numbered stickers
- Post-it notes
- Draw a grid measuring five rows down and seven columns across on a piece of A4 paper. Use this drawing as a guide for placing washi tape on the wall.
- Start by sticking down eight evenly spaced vertical lines, followed by six horizontal lines to finish the grid.
- Add the number stickers to each square along the grid from left to right, starting from one to 31. These are your dates of the month (depending on what month it is).
- Write anything you need to remember on the Post-its and stick them in the corresponding numbered square for the date. Each month, take all the Post-its down and start again!
Upcycled pen caddy
While collecting toilet rolls is an awkward start to the year, this tropical pen holder makes it worth it!
- Cardboard box or shoe box (one that is deep enough to hold the height of a toilet roll)
- Wrapping paper
- Craft glue
- 8 toilet rolls cut at various sizes (you’ll need enough to fill the shoes box)
- Cover the cardboard box with the wrapping paper, using glue to secure.
- Arrange and fit the toilet rolls, placing them upright to make pen holders. It’ll work best if each toilet roll is a slightly different height to the one next to it, allowing easy access to your pens. Then, fill each roll with your pens and markers!
Buy your A4 paper, pens, washi tape and stickers, Post-it notes, scissors, wrapping paper and craft glue from Warehouse Stationery. Visit warehousestationery.co.nz for all your craft needs.