What’s a Christmas feast without the snap of a cracker? These four DIY Christmas cracker ideas are a great way to ensure your crackers look great on the table, and the goodies inside are exactly what you want
4 easy DIY Christmas cracker ideas for every style
+Paper/material of choice
+ Cardboard tubes, cut into 10cm lengths
+ Long cracker snaps (these can be found at most craft stores)
+ Sticky tape
+ String or ribbon of choice
+ Small gifts or lollies/some good jokes
- Cut strips of chosen material to cover each tube, leaving enough overhanging on each side to twist into a bonbon shape.
- Insert a snap in each tube, ensuring each end aligns with the material ends of the bonbon. Secure with a little tape inside the tube.
- Wrap the tubes with prepared material. Gently twist one end and secure with the string/ribbon, being careful not to scrunch or tear it.
- Fill the cardboard tubes with small gifts or lollies
- Secure the other end of the bonbon with string/ribbon, being careful not to crush the shape.
Scroll down for four DIY cracker ideas:
1. Animal cracker
Use a quirky gift wrap to create this patterned look.
2. Natural Rustic
Bring that nature-loving spirit to the table with a rustic style cracker.
3. Felt style
Pop your cracker gift into some gorgeous felt material, securing it with a ribbon for something a little different.
4. Luxe look
The key to creating this style is the paper – we used a gold mock-croc style to make the Christmas decoration look more expensive than it looks.
To continue the festive spirit throughout your table, check out our list of 8 Christmas table settings to make your dinner party unforgettable.