See how Nadia transformed her heritage cottage in Arrowtown into a cosy home for a two with a bright white palette and natural interior style
Meet and greet
Nadia Caldwell, teacher, and Sammy, 2.
Nadia’s interior tips
- Natural finishes such as timber, sheepskins and feathers add texture, interest and warmth to a space.
- Plants and fresh flowers are an easy way to bring colour into a home without adding permanent colour.
- Even the trickiest of spots in your home can play host to artwork, so take another look at narrow and small spaces.
- Often less is more when it comes to furnishings.
- Fill your home with things that make you smile.
Nadia’s favourite places
To buy locally
- Wilson & Dorset, Wanaka – “Their pieces are so cosy and make you want to kick off your shoes and chill with a glass of wine.”
- Folklore, Clyde – “A tasteful mix of art, homeware and indoor plants. I could spend hours looking at all their gorgeous bits and pieces.”
To buy online
- Father Rabbit – “For beautiful yet simple things.”
- Indie Home Collective – “The question is: what don’t I want from that store?”
Words by: Kelda Hunter. Photography by: Guy Frederick.