If your bathroom is more busy than blissful then these handy habits are sure to help you achieve an organised, clutter free space
Quick tips to help you win the battle of a messy bathroom
- Assign each person a bathroom shelf or drawer, so that items are easier to find and everyone is responsible for their own area.
- Allocate one spot for first-aid supplies, one for sunscreen, one for makeup and so on. Use baskets, containers, jars or drawer dividers to organise these. Encourage people to return items to their designated spot after use.
- When you buy a new toothbrush, shampoo or set of razor blades, discard or recycle the old one straight away, to minimise unnecessary clutter.
- Hang towels and the bathmat straight after your shower or bath, and teach your kids to do the same.
- If clothing left in the bathroom is a problem, put a laundry hamper in there so clothes go straight into the hamper – but make sure the room is well ventilated so laundry doesn’t get damp.
- Don’t buy too many products – the more you have, the more you will have to store. You only need one shower gel, not four different types.
- Ensure there is enough space in your toothbrush holder to hold toothpaste, and ask people to put it back after use.
- Try a colour-coded system for towels and toothbrushes, or label a spot where each person’s items live, to eliminate confusion.
Words by: Fiona Ralph. Photography by: Helen Bankers.