Moody hues, metallic accents and thoughtful design create an intimate and elegant atmosphere in this brand-new Christchurch family home
Meet and greet
Who lives here? Alysha Andrew (mum and part-time sales consultant), Duncan Andrew (project manager), Mila-Rose, Nixon, and pugs T Bone and Marni
Where is it? Halswell, Christchurch
Alysha and Duncan’s new-build tips
- Set a budget and stick to it. This will help determine what you can/can’t do, so you can make clearer decisions.
- Ensure you set aside a buffer amount to pay for any upgrades or unexpected extras that arise.
- When designing your floor plan, think carefully about functionality. How do you want the house to work in regards to living, entertaining and making the most of the sun?
- When planning your layout find any unused nooks and convert them into additional storage.
- Collect inspiration from blogs, magazines and websites to help focus your style when making decorating decisions.
- Darker colours immediately make a room feel intimate and cosy, and also highlight white or bright colours.
Words by: Annick Larkin. Photography by: Emma MacDonald.