Make your home office an orderly, productive space with these handy hints from expert organiser and founder of Kikki.K Kristina Karlsson
Create a productive at-home office space with these expert tips
With Kristina Karlsson, founder of Kikki.K.
- Whether your desk fits into a tiny alcove, or is a huge table in an open space, how you set up your workspace has a direct effect on your productivity. Ensure that items you use regularly are within arm’s reach, and items rarely used are stored in an organised manner, out of the way.
- Remember to file intelligently. Paper-flow mayhem can throw a workspace into chaos. Remove anything unnecessary.
- Sort the important things into logical categories, so that when you need them, you know where to look.
- Have a place for everything. I always use Kikki.K storage boxes to organise everything, from files to accessories.
- Take a few minutes at the end of each day to file all paperwork – using an in-tray is a simple way to create an action station. Storage boxes and binders also make great reference tools. Not only will you feel more organised, you’ll start the day in a refreshed environment, which will inspire you and make you more efficient.
Words by: Fiona Ralph. Photography by: Helen Bankers and Emma MacDonald.