Your laundry doesn’t have to be an overwhelming ordeal. Escape the messy cycle of dirty washing with these simple and proactive solutions
Create an organised, functional laundry with these simple solutions
- Try using separate, labelled baskets for coloureds, whites, darks and towels, so you can easily throw a wash on without having to sort through everything.
- Create designated spots (labelled if necessary) for items like cleaning cloths, pegs and laundry powder. Return items to their homes after use. Install hooks or shelves, or add a free-standing cupboard or mobile drawers if storage is limited.
- Keep a back-up box of laundry powder, and write it on the shopping list when it gets low.
- Start a box or drawer for lonely, lost socks so that they can eventually find their match.
- Keep sheet sets together by wrapping them in bundles. Wrap a flat sheet around a fitted sheet and pillowcases.
- Make a regular time to do your washing – every Saturday, every morning after your shower or every second evening, depending on the size of your household and personal preference. A routine will make it easier to stay on top of the never-ending laundry pile.
Words by: Fiona Ralph. Photography by: Maree Homer/bauersyndication.com.au.