Create storage baskets to match you own style and colour scheme
YOU WILL NEED
- Straw (or similar) baskets
- Paint testpots (thick house paint works best)
- Sturdy paint brushes
- Drop cloth
- Check the area of the baskets you wish to paint for any loose threads or unwoven pieces of straw.
- Using chalk, map out a pattern on the basket. Larger simple shapes are more forgiving! Leave a gap between each shape so that you don’t have to be too perfect with your brushwork.
- Paint the outline of each shape using a smaller brush, and then fill in the shape with a larger brush. You will need to apply a couple of layers of paint, and be sure to fill in the areas between ridges on the baskets.
Words by: Samantha Totty
Photography by: Melanie Jenkins
Interior Designer: Samantha Totty