Create these feathered headbands for your next children’s party using leather and ribbon
You will need
Craft knife, leather strips, double-sided tape; feathers; ribbon
How to make them
- Using a ruler and a craft knife or scissors, cut two soft leather strips to 20mm wide and around 300mm long (kids may need help with this step).
- Stick double-sided tape along the inside length of one leather strip.
- Stick a selection of colourful feathers along the inside of the double-sided tape to form a cohesive line of layered feathers.
- Cut two pieces of ribbon and attach one to each end of the leather, pressing firmly onto the double-sided tape to stick.
- To secure the feathers and ribbon, apply another piece of double-sided tape overtop, then place the second piece of leather lengthways on top of the tape. Press down to secure.
- Place the headbands around kids’ heads and tie the ribbon ends together.
Dip feathers in gold glitter for a fun, shiny metallic effect.
Thanks to our gorgeous models Lily Lewis, Wolfe Bayvel and Eriko Wong. Kids’ clothing from Cotton On Kids.
Created by: Tanya Wong and Sam Smith. Photos by: Wendy Fenwick