Wall hangings are bang on-trend – what better way to get festive this Christmas?
- Get three pieces of brass tubing in different lengths (or use wooden dowels spray-painted to suit your colour theme).
- Fold lengths of wool in half and cut to your desired hanging length, then loop onto each rod by passing the free ends through the looped end, creating a pattern with different coloured wool.
- Experiment with different coloured yarn to match your Christmas theme.
- Thread on beads at random lengths (we spray-painted ours gold).
- Thread a piece of wool through each rod (or tie to each end if using dowel) and hang on a nail so that the three tiers create a triangle.
- Add a star or decoration at the top to complete the tree.
Get the look
Fog Linen wire basket, $46, from Father Rabbit. Wool, beads, stars, ribbon and baubles from Spotlight, then spray-painted gold.
Project by: Sam Smith
Photography by: Wendy Fenwick