Give plastic trays a quick and easy designer update using fabric and glue.
You will need
- Plastic tray (ours are from Look Sharp)
- Fabric – a fat quarter (45.5cm by 56cm) is the perfect size (ours is from Spotlight)
- Mod Podge (available from Spotlight)
- Paint brush
- Cut a piece of fabric big enough to wrap around entire tray
- Paint the Mod Podge glue on the top and inner sides of the tray
- Carefully place the centre of the fabric over the centre of the tray and smooth fabric into place, making sure there are no wrinkles and the fabric sticks well to the top and sides of the tray
- Flip the tray over and paint the bottom with Mod Podge. Wrap the fabric around the bottom
- Trim excess fabric or fold over like a present
- Use a brush to cover the top and inner sides of tray with Mod Podge. Allow glue to dry completely
- Repeat step 6 for the bottom of tray
Tray(s) will end up with a waterproof textured surface great for both indoor and outdoor use.
Created by: Vanessa Nouwens. Photography by: Wendy Fenwick